Z L Construction Pte Ltd
Established in 1968, Z L Construction Pte Ltd (“ZLC”) was built by a bond of brothers as a family business
in the automotive industry and ventured into HDB Renovation and residential upgrades in
the late 1970s.
Low Brand Equity
ZLC felt that they did not command sufficient strength or influence that was
required to expand the brand and form strategic partnerships.
Lack of Brand Differentiation & Positioning
There was no Brand Differentiation of ZLC compared to its competitors.
There was a need to create a strong positioning that is unique, believable and sincere to ZLC’s past, current and prospective customers.
Lack of long-term Brand Strategy
There was a need to exist to aid ZLC through its expansion plans with the
introduction and segregation of services. A long-term brand strategy, if, when carried out
consistently, will set ZLC apart from the rest over time and enable them to
build a niche for themselves.
Over a period of 7 months, research was conducted and a new brand strategy was drafted
with management along with a new set of guidelines on messaging and identity.
1. Brand Research
Understanding their brand’s strengths and weaknesses as
foundation for their strategy.
2. Brand Strategy
Create a brand DNA strategy and communication strategy
to help them in achieving their goals.
3. Brand Identity
Create a brand identity system based on their brand
communication strategy to project the right brand image.
4. Internal Branding
Align all employees to the brand by educating, motivating,
engaging, and empowering them through a key training program
This brand development initiative has helped Z L Construction Pte Ltd in several ways:
- We examined ZLC’s Brand Positioning, and helped to identify its 3 main competitors. A full scrutiny was exercised to identify how, what and why ZLC was different and would further differentiate themselves from its competitors to stand out from the crowd.
- Craft ZLC’s brand message, brand essence and the direction of the brand visuals to form the basis of the positioning that ZLC would roll-out
- Customized ‘Z L Construction Pte Ltd Infinity Branding Framework’ was designed to portray the culture and family spirit of what ZLC lived and breathed as a core team collectively.
- Based on the Infinity Brand Framework, we further provided our Client with a Brand Roadmap (Tactical KPI Action Plan) to enable them to roll out the Brand Strategy and review the actionable lists over a given period of time consistently. Emphasis was given as to how they could apply the T.E.A.M.W.O.R.K Action Plan Internally and communicate Externally via ongoing digital online presence, communication materials, and customer engagement.
- Complete revamp of Z L Construction Pte Ltd’s logo to give the brand a sense of elegance and modernism. A comprehensive Corporate Identity Guide was also developed to assist the management team in understanding the key design and branding elements for future consistent Brand Communication in all marketing communication materials.
- An internal branding workshop to all staff on what Branding is all about, its benefits, as well as to why Z L Construction Pte Ltd had undertaken to embark on this project. The ‘Z L Construction Pte Ltd Infinity Framework’ solution was also introduced and explained to them. Recommendations as to how to carry out the brand appropriately were also discussed based on the Brand Strategy and Brand Collateral Guide. The Company’s new Vision, Mission and Values were also communicated to the staff, to help them understand the Company’s direction effectively.