Drummond Printing Pte Ltd
Drummond Pte Ltd (“Drummond”) provides a distinctive caliber of offset and digital printing, and
print-related services. Established since 1978, they have accumulated decades of
experience and expertise in printing like no other.
Lack of Direction
Drummond had no clear direction and reasons as to what
were the key reasons why Clients would or would not
continue doing business with them. They needed to have a
brand strategy put in place to build brand equity and give
reasons to all internal and external stakeholders for any
brand association, brand persistence and brand insistence.
Lack of Brand Positioning
In a competitive industry that is fully saturated, Drummond
found it difficult to distinguish who were their actual main
competitors and target markets. Also, they had no brand
positioning strategy to set themselves apart from its many
Internally, they also faced challenging moments of brand
inconsistency, which impacted the quality and service that
was delivered to external clients, hence affecting the their
brand name and reassurance.
Over a period of 7 months, research was conducted and a new brand strategy was drafted
with management along with a new set of guidelines on messaging and identity.
1. Brand Research
Understanding their brand’s strengths and weaknesses as
foundation for their strategy.
2. Brand Strategy
Create a brand DNA strategy and communication strategy
to help them in achieving our goals.
3. Brand Identity
Create a brand identity system based on their brand
communication strategy to project the right brand image.
4. Internal Branding
Align all employees to the brand by educating, motivating,
engaging, and empowering them through key training program
This brand development initiative has helped Drummond in several ways:
- Drummond’s customized Branding Framework that consisted of a 4As Brand Formula helped to tackle the key issues Drummond was facing to achieve a 7C Brand Result. For every key issue, a brand action plan exercising the 4A Brand Formula of applying “Authority”, “Accountability”, “Accuracy” and “Ability” was applied to achieve the expected results of Credibility, Communication, Cooperation, Consistency, Compliancy, Commitment and Collaboration arising from resolving each issue – always focusing from internals of the system over the profits.
- Drummond’s Brand Structure enabled the Management Team to develop the Brand further yearly with progressive milestones based on different areas of staff management, operations management, and customer service management.
- An aligned set of Brand Messaging consisting of a revamped Vision, Mission, Values & Taglines to enable Drummond to be able to consistently communicate to all its stakeholders.
- A new and refreshed logo that enhanced Drummond’s Brand Identity. A comprehensive Corporate Identity Guide was also developed to assist the management team in understanding the key design and branding elements involved for Drummond Printing Pte Ltd, leading to a consistent future Brand Communication in all their marketing communication materials and strengthening their Brand Presence.
- An internal training workshop was also conducted to educate the key staff on how Drummond will benefit from the Branding Project moving forward. The Drummond ‘Hour Glass’ Brand Framework was introduced and explained to them in detail and recommendations as to how each milestone could be practically implemented within the Action Plans accordingly for each “A” to produce a “7C” Brand Result. We also shared the new Brand Messaging of the Company and the newly developed Corporate Identity Guide that all Marketing Communications materials should follow consistently from them on.