Hup Huat Noodles
Since 1930, Hup Huat Noodles Pte Ltd (“Hup Huat”) has been bringing quality traditional
noodles and other food products to the tables of many in Singapore and the region. With
generations of the Koh family improving products and the business, Hup Huat is well
reputed as the oldest and known noodle manufacturer in Singapore. Only quality eggs,
flour and other assorted ingredients are used to deliver superior food products. With their
experience in making noodles and other products, they bring satisfaction with our
extremely wholesome, delicious and affordable food produce to every table.
Low Brand Equity
While Hup Huat has been forwarding its product brands over the past few decades, they
did not have a strategic brand strategy in place for its own corporate position, causing
them to have low brand equity and seen as just a noodle manufacturer.
Absence of Brand and Communication Strategy
Despite its long heritage, Hup Huat had no long-term brand strategy to complement its
marketing strategy, which focused mainly on its product brands. It also had no
communication strategy that transcended product description and direction, causing them
to be unable to communicate their brand effectively to their customers.
Preparation for Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Further, Hup Huat Noodles was looking at a possible Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the near
future. It was essential for them to embark on a branding journey in order to offer a
position, character and story for the company to move forward in their IPO exercise.
Over a period of 7 months, research was conducted and a new brand strategy was drafted
with management along with a new set of guidelines on messaging and identity.
1. Brand Research
Understanding their brand’s strengths and weaknesses as
foundation for their strategy.
2. Brand Strategy
Create a brand DNA strategy and communication strategy
to help them in achieving their goals.
3. Brand Identity
Create a brand identity system based on their brand
communication strategy to project the right brand image.
4. Internal Branding
Align all employees to the brand by educating, motivating,
engaging, and empowering them through a key training program
This brand development initiative has helped Hup Huat in several ways:
- Hup Huat’s customized Brand Strategy and Action Plan serve as an Organizational Compass for Hup Huat Noodles Pte Ltd to achieve 5 key Business Outcomes based on their needs. They are Relevancy, Operational Readiness, Optimal quality, Training Excellence, & Scale for Expansion.
- Aligned Brand Messaging which consist of a new vision, mission, essence, tagline, and values now enables Hup Huat Noodles Pte Ltd to be able to communicate their brand consistently and effectively to all its internal and external stakeholders.
- A new and refreshed logo adapted Hup Huat’s sense of strong tradition and heritage into today’s era of minimalism.
- A comprehensive Corporate Identity Guide was developed to assist the management team in understanding the key design and branding elements for Hup Huat Noodles Pte Ltd, for future consistent Brand Communication in all marketing communication materials.
- The key company staffs were also educated on what Branding is and how Hup Huat Noodles Pte Ltd can use the Branding Strategy moving forward.